Translate

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Roses are Red Violets are Blue, 12.27.15

Roses are Red Violets are Blue,     

Winter is here, and I have nothing to do!


            As the year comes closer to an end, Christmas has now passed, and the warm nice weather has turned unpredictable with heavy rain, and is finally turning cold, I thought I should present these photos, taken by and unrecognized artist (me) who works not, with a paint brush, but uses his so called smart phone to create master pieces.
            I have two photos I want to present for your edification. These photos are of the same rose showing some progression in the blooming process.
   
There are two rose buds in the above photo, with the centered rose almost ready to open.
“What a difference a day makes”, the rose has opened and is very colorful. There is some change to the second bud, but not as dramatic as our main character.
            I observed this rose, even though it seem almost impossible, to be almost twice the size the next day. It was late evening when I saw the huge bloom so I thought I would get a third photo, today. That did not happen, as the three inches of rain over night and the wind gusts at almost 40 mph, removed the rose from the bush.
            Maybe next time!

Christmas was good to me, I receive several nice gifts. I received a Star Bucks gift card which is always nice,
I also received my favorite candy, the soft peppermint balls. I keep peppermint by my recliner.
I also received a new coffee cup that have the photo of the grandees on it.
I was presented with a glass, which could be used for adult beverages, with, “Uncle Don” engraved on it.
I also received a donation in cash, which will cover the cost of some real nice new floor mats for, “The Ford’s Chevy”.

For those of you who thought I was going to get a lump of coal, you should now understand, “I was not on the naughty list”, at least not during December! 

I need to stop now and make myself presentable, my present spouse is having an open house for her friends today and I will likely be the only male in the herd.
They may even leave enough food for me, to have a bite or two, maybe!

Be aware of the weather, today and tomorrow, where ever you are!       

Don Ford 

No comments: