Translate

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Colder than 12.30.15

                                    Spring has sprung,
                                    Fall has fell,
                                    Winter’s here,
                                    It is colder than, (you can complete the pome)

            Do you find it irritating, to know most people complain all the time? I want you to understand that I am not complaining about all this excessive rain we had over the last two days. Before that one exasperating person ask, we only had four and one tenth inches of rain.
            I am not going to complain about the excessive wind that we have been enduring, which add to the discomfort of most native and naturalized Texans.
            You know I would never complain about the cold weather, which when added to the wind (noted above), seems to cut through the many layers of clothing, causing one’s aged, and may I say, well preserved senior body, to shiver pitilessly!
            As you may well know, my comments might sound as if I am complaining, but in reality I am constructively commenting, in an effort to help others, understand how this crummy, cold, wet, horrid weather is affecting the nice Texas citizens.
            Let’s get started, by saying it was mid 70s one day, and the next, it was freezing. That is also known as, “being colder than a well diggers shovel”.
            That un-needed rain, in excess of 4 inches, has caused many problems for too many people. Just think of all the people who would have liked to have gone shopping, and or return unwanted gifts. These nice people were forced to stay at home in the dry.
            Let’s not even consider the wind, as it just exaggerated the cold and wet weather. Darn it, if I wanted this type weather, I would move north! 

            Let us get away from the uncompromising weather and speak of something that is just as bad, if not worse.
I have ordered a set of floor mats for, “The Ford’s Chevy”, and these mats cost too much. I believe they should have a mink lining, to cost that much. My wife will need to work much longer hours and on many different roads, in this cold wet weather, without gloves and no umbrella, to gather enough aluminum cans to pay for these floor mats. 

 I must remember to thank my present spouse for this nice Christmas present. (For that one person who thinks my wife does not know of these postings, she is copied, and may I say, reads all the postings.)

May your day be warm and dry!

Don Ford

No comments: