Translate

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Four letter words 12.03.15


Four letter words are often used without much thought for those who are on the receiving end of the comment.
Now that it is close to Christmas (21 days) it would seem to me that people in general should be more aware of their comments, and if they feel the need to use a four letter word, at least use it sparingly.
There are also words that we don’t want to hear which have more or less than four letters.
We all know of these words and we are often offended, or at least surprised, when they are used. The F word and the N word have been recently used in my presence. Yes, I would say my feelings were hurt, but I can’t say the comment was unexpected.
I have over the years developed a, “Thick skinned attitude”, even though the comments do still hurt me deep down inside. If I get a tear in my eye, after hearing a hurtful comment, I try to not let anyone see me.
I write about this because I had my feelings hurt just yesterday by a comment. I don’t think it was meant to be hurtful, and I doubt that she even had a second thought about the comment.
Whether it was meant to crush my feelings, or cause me to feel not loved, is not the point. The point is, she said it, and I felt hurt!
Yesterday as my first wife and I were talking, she was in town shopping which I know she finds enjoyable, and as usual, I was at home alone which I do not find enjoyable.
I asked one question, and in her response, she used both the “F” word and the “N” word!
If you want to stop reading now, that is acceptable. I understand if you do not want to read these words, you will more than likely want to believe that my first spouse, would not use both words in the same sentence.
Stop reading now and you will be happier!
Her exact comment was, “Don Ford, I said No! Do you know how much it hurts, for someone to say, “Ford and No”, in the same sentence?

Different subject:
If you are having trouble deciding on the right Christmas gift for me, you can check my web site, “uww.thefordhomesteadofhewitt.con/gifts” for a list of suggested gifts, where to purchase them, and the price is also listed. Many have free shipping this month.


Think before you speak, and use nice words!
                                                        
Don Ford   

No comments: