Translate

Monday, June 1, 2015

Things Happen 06.01.15

                I would hope the title to this, “masterpiece of journalistic excellence” would be something that you are aware of. Things really do happen, and they happen all the time.
                So why would someone as advanced as yours truly, use such a common saying. In the words of my buddy, Rush Limbaugh, I am trying to also inform and educate the low information readers.
                Ok, Rush and I are not buddies but we did go to the same high school. There was one maim difference between us, his family was rich, my family was happy.
                Let’s get to it, “Things have happened”, here in Texas, it is now June. Yes I know it is June everywhere! Are you going to start interrupting me every time I make a comment?
                During the month of May there was 26 days in a row in which we had rain. In a previous article I explained how rain forests were started. I now want to show you how some ambitious bugs were responding to the enormous amount of rain. I will insert a photo or two for your education and possibly astonishment. These little but industrious bugs were erecting structures to protect themselves from the rain. These structures do resemble huts that have been used by indigenous tribes in many non-industrialized countries. 
Think how much work these little bugs put into constructing these structures.
         It is that time of the year when the Four O’clocks begin to bloom. These flowers come up as volunteers each year, usually in the same flower bed as the previous year. This year we have Four O’clocks coming up in various flower beds. The assumption is that birds were spreading them.   
                I was told by a friend that these pretty flowers only bloom at four o’clock, but ours bloom any time.
                Next, we will see a photo of the chief and only editor of this fine blog posting. The photo was taken by an admirer who happened to be in the area.
                It would appear that Mr. Ford had been working in the yard or, another possibility for his well-worn and faded clothing might be, being on a fixed income he just can’t afford to purchase the nicer clothing, like that which others in his neighborhood have. (A non-tax deductible Donation may be sent to, “The Ford Homestead”, please identify the donations, “for Mr. Ford’s clothing fund”.
                Alex is now out of school and sitting next to me watching cartoons on TV. Gabi will be out of school this week, Thursday is her last day and we will then have them both here during the week days. Possibly I can get them to do some of my chores around the house.
 
Things happen; we may be in a no rain week. 
 
Don Ford             
 

No comments: