Translate

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Readers want to know 06.10.15

 
                Before I start with today’s informative and might I say enlightening journalistic experience, I have an announcement / request.
            We have begun our annual fill the pool fund raiser. Yes it is that time again. Each year since 2012 we have held this fundraiser in an effort to provide financial aid to, “The Ford Homestead swimming pool fund”.  All moneys raise in this campaign will be use to fill the pool with water and purchase the needed chemicals to maintain the pool. We also will need to purchase some pool toys, and I need a swimming suit. You may send all donations to our Homestead web site and please identify the donation for the, “Pool fund”.  As usual, you may try to claim these as charitable donations, on next year’s federal income tax form.
 
 
                OK, this is an, “answer the questions session”, believe it or not, as requested by my readers. Would you believe, I am continually receiving questions and comments about my well written and very informative articles? Believe it or not, here are a few answers to some of the questions and comments from the well-educated and highly informed people, you the readers of this blog.  
                “Where did you get the money to purchase the drone, since you are on a, Fixed Income?”
                I find this question somewhat discourteous.
Yes we are on a fixed income, and we don’t think picking up aluminum cans from the side of the roads or anywhere they may be found, is demeaning for a senior citizen. Maybe, occasionally enjoying some road killed squirrel, cat or possum is not for you, but to seniors on a fixed income, road kill can be a blessing. Road kill is ok as long as it hasn’t been there more than one day and it isn’t smashed like a pancake.
                What does the garden owl look like?
                See the photo below, he / she is an odd looking owl. The moving head aggravates the birds.
                Have you tried any other methods of keeping the birds away from the garden?
                I have used the fake snakes but they don’t seem to do too much, see below.
                Is it true that your bug light is broken?
                Yes, I tried to power it up and it would not activate. I decided to take it apart and see if there was something that I might be able to repair. What I found gave new meaning to the term “Bug Lite”. There was a wasp nest inside the top of the light. I counted and there was 31 empty holes in the wasp nest, one wasp did not hatch. Wasps were in the bug light. 
 
                This has nothing to do with questions from readers, but since I was talking about wasps;
My brother was in the navy several years ago, he served on the air craft carrier, “Wasp”.
 
                When will the kid’s swimming pool be installed in the back yard?
                It has now dried up and conditions seem to be right for the installation. Today is supposed to be 95 degrees, I will likely install it today.
 
                Are you still walking in the early morning?
                Yes I am walking 5 days a week, 30 minutes per walk. During my morning walk I took a photo of the front of The Ford Homestead. The photo is not as bright and colorful as the view was in real life. It is kind of like looking through a tunnel of trees.
 
 
Enough answers for now!
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: