Translate

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Who knew? 06.04.15

 
                Thankfully, it has been a dry start to the week, here at The Ford Homestead. It seems a little odd that we still need an umbrella, when we go outside. A few days ago, we needed the umbrella to keep the almost continuous rain off our well-formed body. Today we need the umbrella to keep this super-hot sun from burning our fair skin.
                Yes, it seems like summer even though we haven’t had true summer heat, yet.
                The Alex, my favorite grandson and I, were swinging this morning after a heated game of washers. Neither of us had won the game of washers, we just got tired and decided to swing.
                As we were swinging, our conversation went to whether I am pretty or not. Alex noted that my legs and arms had hair growing on them and I would need to cut the hair off my arms and legs to be pretty. Who knew, shaved arms and legs would make me pretty.
               
                Alex likes to go to the park and play for a while each day. Today we headed out to the park and found two school buses, and kids everywhere. I decided to head over to the other Hewitt Park. Arriving there, I was again surprised to find two school busses but the kids appeared to be teenagers, they were too old for me to consider allowing Alex to play there. 
                Alex asked if there was another park. I said yes, and we headed for Woodway Park. It was empty, there was no kids there. Alex did not want to play where there were no kids at all so we headed for home.
 
                Yesterday morning about 9:30, Alex decided that he wanted a donut. I am a push over, so I said, “Ok, let’s go”. On the way he noted that he wanted two donuts, a chocolate milk and I should get a coffee for me. Not known to the boy, I had thoughts of getting a jalapeno and cheese sausage kolache for myself. We went to the drive through, acquired our items, and then headed for home.
                Arriving at home we both went to the front porch to enjoy our snacks. To make a long story short, Alex took the kolache and began to eat it. I asked if I could have a bite, but I did not get a bite, instead I received a firm reply of, “no”!
                He also devoured the two donuts and most of the milk. I guess growing boys need a lot of food.
                Alex was here with me as my computer was reading this back to me. He was surprised when he heard his name, he said, “it is talking about me”.
                Let me answer the question before that one person asks! Yes I have the computer read my articles back to me, in an effort to make what I write, sound correct when you read it. When I write something and then re-read it, I will often read what I think I wrote, and not what I wrote. When the computer reads it out loud to me, I will often hear incorrect words (Poor grammar) and more often than not, I am able to correct the verbiage.
                Today we are going to have lunch with Alex’s dad, David at work. Alex said he wanted chicken with a bone in it (chicken leg) fries, gravy, bread and a sprite. After lunch we will go pick Gabi up at school as this is her last half day for this year.
                I don’t get as much time to write these notes, Alex kind of keeps me hopping.
                I do plan to go for a ride this evening, we are going out to the bunk house for our evening repast (meal). After eating and some lively conversation, we will take the scenic way home.  I usually get home between 9:00 and 9:30.
                The grand kids will be at their other grandparents’ home next week, so I plan to get some needed yard work completed.
 
Have a good week!
 
Don Ford
 
 

No comments: