Translate

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

First time again 03.19.14

First time again           03.19.14
 
                Can it be the first time again? It depends how you look at the term, “first time again”. Obviously it can’t be the first time for doing the same thing again, but we can have many firsts in our lives.
                I had a first this morning as I was responding to an email. Before we get to that topic, I want to remind you that tomorrow is the first day of spring. Yesterday it was 86 degrees at the Hewitt Homestead and about 100 miles west of here it was 90 degrees. It did not feel like winter or spring yesterday, more like summer.
 
                Back to the main subject; as I responded to an email this morning I used the words, “what ails you”. The subject matter of the email is not important but as I wrote the word “ails” it registered in my huge mind that I had never written that word before. It was the first time for me. It doesn’t seem to take too much to make this retired person happy. Who would have ever thought writing a word for the first time could be interesting. I guess it is good that I can remember never writing the word, or, did I just forget that I had written the word?
 
Different topic:
                Tomorrow evening will be the first supper ride of this year with the local Honda group. The ride will be to, “The Horny Toad” which is not a strip joint, it is a restaurant/bar in a very small town about 60 miles west of Waco. The ride should be enjoyable going but may be cool to cold returning home after dark.
 
I hope you have a nice “last day of winter”.
 
Don Ford 
 

No comments: