Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Multitasking

               In this day and age even an old retired person must be able to multitask. Obviously, I am not only able, but also willing to multitask. What tasks am I attempting to do simultaneously you ask. Listen Read and learn my friend.

               I am continuing to work on the Queens Anne style desk, the progress seems to have slowed as I have almost screwed up made an error in my work. At the same time I have started what was to be a tree house for the grand kids. You may have noticed that I stated, “What was to be a tree house,” that tree house has had several names but most recently has been called a fort (see photos below).

On the trailer one can see the wood that will be used in the construction of “the fort/tree house”. Have you priced weather treated wood lately, don’t.

All structures need to be on a good foundation so I have placed paving stones at the appropriate locations where the 4x4 posts will be placed.

As you may know, I am an expert at most things I do, setting stones for a fort foundation is no exception. The “average person” would have probably taken a couple hours to excavate and level these stones. It took me half of the day. Retired people (aka experts) take more breaks than the “average person”.

There is a tree near the spot where the Fort will be placed so it is kinda like a tree house.

 

On a totally different subject, my wife of 44 years and I plan to look for a new vehicle for her. I have in mind the smallest gas saving sports utility vehicle available and she wants something that seats 7 with a lot of room. I hope we can find something in the middle. I have no idea how we will pay for a new vehicle since we are on a fixed income. Donations may be sent to; “The Ford Homestead Foundation of Hewitt” please identify all donations to be directed to the new vehicle fund

               I did stipulate one requirement that I have in order for me to participate in this vehicle hunting event; my wife of 44 years must buy my lunch today.

 

               Last Saturday we attended the company picnic (Do it Best Corp) and I must say everyone seemed to have a good time. The kids were kept busy on the bouncy house and water slide. The weather even cooperated with what seemed to be cooler temps and a nice breeze.  They had drawing for prizes and as you know I am a winner in most of the things I do. Yep, I won a prize.

               Most companies do almost nothing for their employees; picnics and parties are almost a thing of the past. Those that work for Do it best Corp should take time occasionally to consider what their company does for them.

              

Have a good day and a gooder week! 

Don Ford

 

1 comment:

Mary said...

I saw a couple of pictures of you at the picnic. Looking fantastic!
Retirement definitly agrees with you! Keep taking those naps!