Translate

Friday, July 12, 2013

I am taking a break.

               Taking a break from what, you asked? Due to the excessive heat and the fact that I have been working my tail off, I called a conference with my adviser Tejas and my wife of 44 years. During the discussion it was noted that I was tired of working on the desk and I wanted to take a break.
My present wife noted that she thought it was a good idea. If I took a break, which would include returning my tools to the appropriate locations, then remove the three tables that I have been using as work benches, she would be able to move and rearrange some items in the garage.
It was agreed and the process begun. Tools were put away and items moved. The garage actually looked better and I could walk through the garage without having to move anything. This will give me three days of break and the weather should be cooler next week “less than 100 plus degrees”.
Donna has a birthday next week but I am not allowed to say the number of years (64).
I was encouraged to purchase some different chairs for sitting outside. No, I have not replaced my old rocker but I did get a couple wicker rockers. Being on a fixed income I did have to wait until they had marked them down (about $30 per chair less than original price). These rockers were approved for use at the Ford Homestead by my first wife.
Below we see Gabi after her recent visit to the dentists. For that one person that believed that statement, the teeth are plastic vampire teeth.
 
As some of you know, I am a “Flowerologists” and I want to show you some examples of the flora here at the Homestead.
It takes hours of work continually feeding and talking to the plants. They say cow manure is a good fertilizer so; me talking to the flowers (a lot of BS) should be even better fertilizer.
I hope you have a bright flowery day.
Don Ford
 
                 
 

No comments: