Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Working in the yard

               Yesterday as Alex and I were heading to the playground, we had stopped, as all good citizens do for the octagon shaped sign.  My Grandson of 3 years commented from the back seat of my pickup, “space ship”. Somewhat surprised I asked where. Alex pointed and I looked. He noted that it was a fat space ship and I agreed. He was looking at the water tower which was about 100 feet above the ground.
               A few days ago, during one of those nice days when it was not too hot nor too cold I removed several large limbs from a tree in the back yard. As these limbs lay in the yard they looked as if they would fill a trailer. When I had removed the small branches and bundled them “per the City of Hewitt’s edict”, and cut the limbs into logs of about 2 foot in length I had a small pile of wood. A cord of wood is supposed to be 4’ X 2’ X 8’.  That is four feet high, two feet wide and 8 feet long. If you purchase wood to burn in the fire place check the 2 foot measurement it is easy to cut everything a few inches short and you get less than you pay for.
               I think I may continue to cut some limbs in the back yard today. I have one tree that needs to come down completely and I like to work on days when it isn’t windy. There are several reasons for wanting a calm day including saw dust in the eyes, yes I have safety glasses but I don’t always wear them. I don’t like to climb on ladders especially when it is windy.
 
Changing the subject;
 
Know when there is a new posting?
I send an email to some readers informing them of new postings.
If you are not on the mailing list but would like to be, send your email address to donaldfplace-post@yahoo.com            I will add you to the mailing.
If a friend wants to be on the list, ask them to email me at
Please do not send a friends email address for them.
I will be happy to add or delete your name from the list;
Send an email to, donaldfplace-post@yahoo.com              
Subject “add my name” or, “remove my name”
 
Seriously, I don’t want to bother anyone with my blog or emails. It will not bother me to remove your name from the mailing list.          
 
That is it for now, have a nice day!     Don Ford
 
                        
                                                                                                                  
                  
 

No comments: