Translate

Monday, February 4, 2013

Feeling good again!

            We may be going to survive but is has been and still is a long process.

 
Tejas, my constant companion and confidant, was telling me I should get out of my recliner and do something. It seems that Tejas thought I had been too sedentary. I had to agree with him, I have been doing almost nothing.  I decided I will do some work in the yard today but as luck would have it there is rain in the forecast. Everyone knows I would melt if I were to go out in the rain.
               What do you mean, “I would float”, and that is not very nice. There is always someone that wants to make an ugly comment.
               My wife of 43 years and I went to Austin yesterday to visit with our son and his wife. Patrick was 42 last Monday so we were celebrating the birthday somewhat belated. We had a nice visit and a very good lunch at the Long Horn restaurant.
               We arrived back at the Ford Homestead early enough to rest a few minutes before the game. We watched most of the game; it became an interesting game starting the second half.  About 2 minutes before the game was over I went to sleep. I did not know who won and actually did not care who won. There were a few commercials that I considered good but most were not outstanding. 
               Sitting here focusing on the computer I have allowed my coffee to get cold. Thank goodness it was coffee that I made and not Star Bucks. Being on a fixed income I would not want to waste any Star Bucks coffee.
               Well, I guess I need to get up and try to find some yard work to do before it rains.
 
Have a good week.
 
From the “I am feeling better” mind of     Don Ford
All rights reserved, any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
 

No comments: