Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Idea for a new Church

               Thanks to everyone who commented on the last posting. I wasn’t surprised that my Ordination was the number one topic for comments.
               Here in Texas we have Cowboy Churches. Now I have never been to a Cowboy Church but they seem to be popping up everywhere. I assume they welcome everyone and I also assume you can wear more casual clothes and possibly a cowboys work clothes.
              The Cowboy Church has started my brain to working. There are all kinds of churches so adding an additional church would seem to be the thing to do. The church I was raised in was sometimes referred to as Holy Rollers. This name, for those of you that have not attended, was a reference to some of the actions that could happen during a meeting.
              I have considered establishing a church for motorcycle riders aka Bikers. The name would likely be something like “Holy Rider Church”. Just think about the name for a while and it may grow on you.
              You might ask, “Are there enough Bikers to attend and support this church”. There was a study done out of The University of the Ford Homestead that showed the population in Texas had 1.37% Cowboys and there are 1.43% Bikers. With those percentages, I would think the “Holy Rider Church” is a valid idea.
               If you have thoughts on this new church venture or if you would like to make a Tax Free Donations please contact me via email.
 
From the ordained brain of                          Don Ford.
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
 
                                                                                                                 
                  
 

No comments: