Translate

Monday, July 27, 2026

July 27, 2026

Good morning to all, we hope you have a cool day.

                Yesterday was a normal Sunday I watched the church TV program and then after a cup of homemade coffee and a rest period I began my Bible reading. After that, my favorite wife and I headed to the cracker store for lunch. We needed to wait for a table; the food and service was good.

                After lunch was finished, we went to the Wally World store for a couple items which my favorite wife wanted to get. One was a motion detecting light that will be placed in the bedroom so us ole people would have light if we needed to get up during the night.  

Back at home it was again time to rest. Later in the afternoon we did as usual set outside. It was hot and even though there was a slight breeze we did activate the big ole fan. We also had cold drinks with lots of ice in them. As usual the neighborhood was quiet, heck one might say it was dead. During the couple of hours that we were out there we may have seen a couple cars and one fellow who was walking.  

I was allowed to do some work during our outside venture; I was washing clothes. Now in truth I was not washing the clothes, I was just putting them in the washer, and the machine did the washing. Yes, I had done some housework earlier.

When we went back inside, I was allowed to warm up our supper. As soon as I sat down to eat, I received a call from my sister in Missouri. We talked for a while and during the conversation I received another call from an ole friend which I did not answer. I did call him back after I had eaten my supper. Yes, I was allowed to wash the dishes.

Today may be another exciting day for the Fords of Hewitt as I need gas in the car, I could use a few things from the store, and if it wasn’t too hot, I could mow the back yard. The cleaning lady should be here around noon.

Wow always an exciting time at the Fords Homestead. We hope you have a blessed day and that we all stay safe in all we do. Please keep family and friends in your prayers.

                Donnie the Ford


No comments: