Translate

Thursday, June 1, 2017

What are they doing 06.01.17

                Ignoring the title line, I would like to point out, “today is the first day of June”. The old saying, “Time flies”, may or may not be correct, but I can tell you, time passes quickly!

                Who’s getting old?

                Now to the topic of today, what are they doing, has to do with TV.    I, being an early riser, have a tendency to get my first cup of coffee and make my way to the old recliner by 5:30. I then turn on the TV and sit there from 5:30 to 6:30, repeating this action Monday through Friday.  I quickly become irritated with the commercials as they show the same commercials at the same time each morning.

                Why would a business pay to show these commercials when the only effect they have on people is to irritate them, or give them a reason to get another cup of coffee or possibly go to the Jon. I have never saw a commercial that made me want to purchase the item they were showing, although they occasionally have a good looking female subject to get ones attention. Have you noticed that they have more read haired people on commercials now days?

                Watching the same news program each morning, I see the same irritating commercials, each day. If business actually understood that people do not like commercials they might save some money by not producing them. I believe that business people listen to the sales BS from the companies selling the commercials, rather than knowing what the consumer wants. Now that I think of it, businesses are as likely to be as out of touch with the public, as the politicians in government are!

                I believe that last sentence says it all, there is no hope that things will get better!

                Changing topics, but staying with the same general message, every so called news program starts there program with, “News Alert or “Breaking News”. There should be a law that states, “The only time they can use those terms is if they are the first to make the announcement”. In other words those terms may not be repeated when presenting the subject a second time, or if the other so called news agency has reported on it.

                Last but equally irritating, if one watches the so called news from 5:30 to 6:00, the same information will be presented again starting at 6:00 to 6:30. I have change the channels and that helps a little but they basically have the same so called news on each channel, just different people presenting it!

 

Never complain, but you can explain!

 

Don Ford

No comments: