Translate

Friday, June 2, 2017

Positive attitude.

Positive attitude… 

                        This is the teaching version, to be used by an instructor.

The first point to make is:

When you believe, also known as Faith, you have a positive attitude. This positive attitude, faith and believing swings both ways. One can be positive that they can jump over a puddle of water, or one can be positive that they can’t jump over a puddle of water! Either way, they were positive that they could or could not complete the task.

Now we know that a positive attitude does not always mean, “Optimistic attitude”.

Consider for a moment, are you optimistic, in your thoughts and actions? Do you believe the future will be, “Better than the past”, or is your attitude more along the lines of, “things will never be better”?     You can choose!

Do you see yourself as, “Unfortunate”, and have you thought, “Why do bad things always happen to me”? 

Do you see yourself as, “Fortunate”, and have you thought, “Good things always happen to me”!              You can choose!

                       

Let’s consider a few quick statements, and as we do please see which statements relate to you.

                Statements are:

I got a pay increase!  

I got a shabby little pay raise how do they expect me to live?

I was the top producer last week! 

I worked my butt off last week, all I got was tired.

My neighbor just got a new… wow that’s great!    

My neighbor got a new…, why do they have all the good things?

My dog is having puppies!   

My dog is having puppies, how do I get rid of them?

 

 

 

Ponder the following statement.     

                The glass is both, “Half empty” while at the same time it is. “Half full”.

                                                                                               

                Consider for a moment, how do you see the glass?                    You can choose!

 

 

 

                You are working, someone interrupts you and when you turn to face the person, you knock something over and it spills on the floor.  How you respond may set the tone for the rest of the day, for both you and the other person.  Yes, you and I also influence others attitudes. 

                Suggested response:          

First, smile even if it is a fake smile.

Second, while you are smiling say, “If that is the worst thing that happens today, it’s not too bad.”  

                                You can choose!

 

 

Summary, this lesson should cause you to think about your attitude. Understand that your attitude affects others that you come in contact with (family, friends, and associates). If you are now thinking this was a bunch of bull and a waste of your time, you are the person this was written for.

 

                                “You can choose!”

 

 

Don Ford

No comments: