Translate

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Breakfast, Lunch or a snake? 06.21.17

                I hate to always be talking about being on a fixed income, you know, “Being retired and needy”! Those of us who are retired and do not have a part time job, or in some way have other income other than just the little social security check, find it difficult to make ends meet.
                Now that I have said that, what is the meaning of that old statement, “Make ends meet”? How and why would anyone want to make ends meet? What ends?
                If you have a line of say 200 people, who are waiting to get into an event, and you bring those from the end of the line (those who arrive last) around so those who are at the head of the line (those who arrive first) would meet, one of two things would happen.
                One: when one end of a line meets with the other end of the line, you have what is known in the scientific world as, “A circle”. Those of us in the scientific community know, “A circle has no beginning and no end”! Those 200 people who were in line and are now in a circle, would be there forever as there is no end and no beginning to the circle. 
                Two: when the last to arrive in line, were brought to meet with those who arrived first, “making the ends meet”, there would be one big fight!
                Now you can see, either way, we do not want to ever make the ends meet! Why would you get me started talking about this? It has nothing to do with Breakfast or Lunch!
                Food sounds good, as I sit here entering this into the computer. My grandson just came in and wanted a peppermint stick. I found him and me both a peppermint stick, nice.  Now I am not as hungry.         

          






      The above photo is taken from my drone, it is not too high off the ground at this point. I also have posted video from the drone on my blog. I could view the video from my computer but not from my phone.
                I have taken another photo which I will post below. This photo was taken while I was walking this morning. Had I have found this item earlier, I could have had it for breakfast or lunch. It had been there too long so no lunch for me today.
                Road kill is ok if you find it shortly after the kill. I guess we will go hungry again today.  I know someone will want to know what kind it is, I believe it is a, “Rattle head copper moccasin”, some people call them Rat snakes. Yes you may click to enlarge.
                The Rattle head copper moccasin is one of the best tasting snakes around. Now they are very boney but the meat is all white meat. I like them deep fried but they can be baked. Some jalapeno peppers filled with cheese go good with snake meat. If this reptile had not been squashed he would have made me an excellent meal! 

Enjoy your lunch, while knowing I will have none!

Don Ford

No comments: