Translate

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Weather or not 06.15.17

                Good morning, I hope you had a great night’s sleep, I did! As usual, after springing from my bed and sprinting to the kitchen where I made a cup of coffee, I quickly moved to the old recliner and turned on the irritating TV. For a senior citizen, having a TV is kind of like having another person in the room with you. I am sure you understand, it is like when your spouse is in their chair and you are in your chair, neither of you are speaking but you know there is someone there if you wanted to talk.

                Anyway, I observe TV for about an hour before I head for the bathroom to get cleaned up and dressed for the day. During that hour I see the same so called breaking news at least twice. And changing the channels does not help, they have the same so called news on all channels.

                Over the years I have given up listening to the so called news and weather people, but I do critically examine each of them. I have a tendency to be critical of their clothing but more than that, I enjoy examining their faces. I have noticed that all so called news and weather people on the higher paid programs have almost perfect facial features. That does not apply to those who have been there for 20 or more years.

                What do I mean by almost perfect facial features, I am glad you ask? They have no blemishes that one can see due to the makeup, their eyes are properly spaced and even (one is not lower or smaller than the other) their nose is nicely shaped and you should not normally be able to see inside their nose when they are talking. Their ears are not too large and one is not higher than the other. Their hair is always perfect.

                The men are always dressed professionally and look very good on screen. Most of the females are dressed in a manner to draw attention from both male and female viewers. The female viewers are thinking, if I would lose a couple pounds I could look that good in that short dress and the men are looking at the same short dress thinking, well you know what they are thinking. I have noticed, many of these female reporters try to show most of their legs, up to their behind when sitting. Do they get paid extra for that?

                I am tired of thinking about that subject, let’s go to another subject along the same line. Let’s say you are in a discussion (aka debate) with someone and you would like it to end. This usually works whether the other person is upset or not. When you get an opening, look at and comment on something about the person’s face. I recall an incident many years ago, this person (Dawson) and I were both hourly employees, he was, “madder than a mashed cat”, and he was letting me have it. For some reason I wasn’t participating, (I wasn’t upset). Trust me, he was in my face, he stopped talking and I said, “I hadn’t noticed this before but I can see your contacts”. My comment caused him to stop with his dissertation. He said, “I can’t believe you, you haven’t listen to anything I said”, he turned and walked away.

               

Observe, comment on your observations,

Stating the facts is not being critical, or is it?

 

Don Ford 

No comments: