Translate

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Ghosts are they real 06.27.17

                Have you ever seen a better title? The correct answer is NO! It’s my blog, and if I think it’s the best title ever then, “it is”!

                Today is Sunday, and this will be posted at a later date. Why do I provide you with pertinent information, because I want you to understand the setting of this writing? My wife has been feeling bad today, she says she may have a kidney infection, so I have tried to let her rest and not bother her. Yes I have checked with her about every 30 minutes to see if she needs anything. Having the water turned off don’t help, as she and I use the rest rooms. Yes I turn the water on so we can flush the commodes.

                I have been sitting outside playing some solitaire and I have had some peanuts along with an adult beverage. As I sat there it occurred to me that it is cooler inside than outside and I also thought about ghosts for some unknown reason.

                I have two real ghost stories. First off, let me assure you, there are ghosts, but the two that I have experienced would not harm anyone.

                The most recent experience was when I was staying at my sister’s home in Missouri, a couple weeks ago. I did not tell her of the experience, as she has told me of hearing noises in her home many times. I had gone to bed and was in the bed for a couple minutes when I saw something float across the ceiling. It was more or less lines, kind of like an outline of something. My eyes were partially open when the siting took place. When I opened my eyes wide open there was nothing there.  I thought that was odd, but I pushed the specter out of my mind, as just being tired.

                I rolled over making myself comfortable. As I lay there I felt something walk up the bed along my back. Now this was just like when our cat Molly gets on the bed behind me at home. She will walk up the bed and when she gets to my shoulder she will use her paw, and touch my shoulder so I will roll over and pet her. I actually rolled over to see if there was something on the bed with me, there was not! 

                There was another time when I was about 13 maybe 14 years old. We lived on south Ellis Street in Missouri. My brother and I slept upstairs, I had the front bed room and he had the larger back bed room. I had been in bed for a while when I heard Jack open the door at the bottom of the stairs. The door closed and I could hear him sneaking up the stairs. I knew he was going to try to scare me, so I slipped out of bed and eased over to the door. I stood there with a big grin on my face, knowing I was going to scare him! The stairs squeaked when he stepped on each step as he got closer to the top of the stairs.

                The time was right, I jumped out and hollered, “Surprise”, very loud! There was no one there. I heard something step on each step as it came up the stairs, but then there was no one there. I wasn’t dreaming, I was awake!

                Ghosts are real! You don’t have to agree, but I am right!          

May all your ghosts be friendly!

Don Ford

No comments: