Translate

Friday, September 30, 2016

Short and Sweet 09.30.16

            No, not me, I am tall and sweet!
            This is the last day of September, where did the first 9 months go? Now that I am looking back it seems as if time has flown this year, but there was days this summer that were so hot and dry that they seemed as if they would never end. Memories usually seem nicer and faster than they actually were.
            Well that has nothing to do with the subject of this short and sweet story, or does it. Possibly my memory of last evenings ride is better than the actual ride, not!
            We met at 6:00pm and decided to ride directly to Clifton Texas, to have our evening repast at the Bunkhouse. The ride was about 40 minutes long and the temperature was a perfect 77 degrees. Not hot and not cold, just right for riding.
            The food and lively discussions at the Bunkhouse were very enjoyable.
            After eating we decided to take a less direct route back home. Casual riding as the sun was setting through numerous curves and hills made the ride relaxing. The temperature dropped to 63 on the country roads causing me to think I should have had a heavier jacket on.
            I was back home by 8:30 all relaxed and happy.
            It was a, “Short and Sweet ride”.

May you have a sweet, relaxing day!

Don Ford

No comments: