Translate

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Foxy 09.29.16


            You are correct, this time! “Foxy”, does not describe me! You are correct again, the proper animalistic definition of me would be, “Hound Dog!” Although hound dogs are often thought of as being lazy laid back and calm, they are great hunters, which means they are good providers for family. It is not often that you are correct, but today you have been!
            The provocative title of my story has nothing to do with a good looking young lady, who dresses in a very small yellow bikini while working in her yard. Now that I think of it, to the best of my knowledge there are no young ladies that even live on our street, let alone that might wear a bikini, darn it!
            The title has to do with my early morning brisk walk, during the pre-dawn hours (pre-dawn means before the sun rise). I was heading north on the avenue when a creature that was hiding in plain sight, moved.
            By hiding in plain sight I mean, it was dark enough that had this creature not moved, I may not have seen it at all. Now that I think of it I could have been attacked during my innocent morning exercise program.
            This creature was actually in the street against the curb and I got within about 50 feet of it before it moved. Startled I stopped and observed as best I could. It was a hairy creature, choosing to run down the avenue and again stop hunkering down at the curb.
            I, being a brave individual, began to move forward toward the creature, determined to see what it was. Remember, it is pre-dawn, AKA dark.
            There, it moved down the street again and I could see what appeared to be a fox. Yes, even in this less than adequate lighting event, I could see it was that orange red color of a hairy fox. The big bushy tail was a dead giveaway. What would a fox be doing in our neighborhood? Now that I think of it I have seen a deer, and wild turkeys on this street in the past, so a fox would not be to unusual.
            As I continued toward the creature it decided to leave the Avenue and go through a neighbor’s yard. In the dim light I could see the profile of the creature and it was in fact a fuzzy orange cat. Disappointed that it wasn’t a fox I continued walking.

Foxy or hound dog, if you can’t have fun, don’t do it!

Don Ford

No comments: