Translate

Monday, September 12, 2016

Our entire life is 09.12.16

            I was sitting in the recliner wishing there was something interesting to do, when the TV person on the so called morning news, began talking about cell phones that are being recalled due to exploding batteries. The statement was something to the effect of, airlines are asking people to turn off these particular phones and not use them or charge them during flights. The one female so called news person said, “Our entire lives are on smart phones, it is devastating to be told the shut them off!”
            I sat there thinking about that statement, “Our entire lives are on the smart phones…” and what a sad state it is, if our entire lives are on these smart phones.
            I have a cell phone on which I get a call or two every week. I also get some unwanted calls (sales calls) that I do not answer. I get a couple text messages every week and I get email over the cell phone (most of the emails are advertisements).
To be honest, whether I am on the computer or cell phone, the emails I receive from people I know, might total 2 or 3 a month. Now that I have considered this, I wonder why I even have access to the internet.
I do occasionally look something up using the cell phone, and I occasionally purchase something using the computer, but to say my life is on the cell phone would be totally wrong.

Let’s change the subject and talk about me! I did mow the front yard of the house, next to our house. I knew the grass was tall, but it was taller and thicker than I had expected. First I use the walk behind mower to get close to the house, fence, basketball goal, tree, and mail box. Then I brought the rider over to do the actual mowing. I was mowing very slow as the grass was very thick. My mower will mow a 42 inch wide path, but I was mowing less than half that amount in each pass.
That yard looks a little better now, but it would have been better if all the cut grass would have been picked up. Nope, I was not going to rake up the cuttings.
            I believe one should, sweep his own porch, before he sweeps his neighbors. I had mowed my yard, before I mowed the neighbors.

Have a great week!

Don Ford

No comments: