Translate

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

In the back yard 07.26.16

            The following account is from and afternoon at The Ford Homestead. Events included water sports, eating watermelon and the birth of triplets. Let’s get started!
            It was on a sunny, Sunday afternoon, when my spouse of 47 years suggested we cut the watermelon and invite the grandees over to first swim and then eat. I must say, the swimming seemed to be hectic. Lots of splashing and doing handstands. At some point the idea of eating, outweighed the idea of swimming. 
            We can say, “Alex enjoyed the watermelon”, that was not his first piece! We did hose him down after he finished eating.
            Gabi also enjoyed the watermelon, but did not get into it, like Alex did!
            We have a new family living on the Homestead Grounds. I noticed that they had moved in a couple weeks ago! I was filling in for the grounds keeper, watering the flora. I was at the black berry vines when I observed a nest. Upon further investigation I learned that there were three eggs in the nest, (photo to follow).
A couple days ago I reviewed the nest and found the eggs had hatched and there were triplets waiting to be fed.
            They are mocking birds. I think they are safe from cats as they are in the blackberries, and I can attest to the fact that these vines will hurt you.

New subject:
            Today I am going to attempt to repair the faucet at the kitchen sink. I am waiting on my first wife to leave the Homestead, as I will need to turn the water off to the entire house. Hopefully it is just a washer that can be replaced, and hopefully I can replace it myself! Being retired and on a fixed income, it would be devastating if we had to purchase a new faucet.

New Subject:
                They have predicted a 40% chance of rain today and tomorrow! We haven’t seen rain in over two years, at least it seems like two years.

Stay cool and be nice to retired people on fixed incomes!
Don Ford

Postscript: 
As usual, I was able to repair the faucet! It did not rain yesterday, even though it literally rained all around us. It sprinkled a few minutes but the side walk under the trees did not get wet.    Maybe someone in Hewitt, is not in good graces with the man upstairs.

No comments: