Translate

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Mysterious 07.24.16

It was a morning like most at the Ford Homestead, I had a cup of coffee and was enduring the so called news program on TV. My spouse of 47 years was properly positioned in her recliner, reading the Sunday newspaper. That means she was looking at all the advertisements, hoping to find a way to spend money we don’t have.
I had finished my cup of coffee, and had casually strolled into the kitchen area in order to procure a second cup of hot water with a brown color in it (coffee). I now wonder why I would do such a thing, when the outside temp is already 80 degrees on its way to 101 again.
As I made my way back to my assigned seating area, I noticed an imprint in the rug that is located near my old recliner. Somewhat startled at this sighting, I quarried my first wife as to how this enormous indentation had gotten there. She ignored me as usual, assuming I was up to some childish prank, again.
Receiving no acknowledgment of my request, I decided to take action on my own. I reached for the old cell phone to take a photo. You probably noticed that I did not refer to the old cell phone as a smart phone, even though it is probably smarter than me, it is too old and cheap to be classified as a smart phone. I hope it doesn’t read this posting, as it might get its feelings hurt, and stop working all together.
As you might know, my present spouse and I usually go out for brunch on Sunday. In the past I have had meals which had corn on the cob. Corn on the cob can be hot and messy, when one is trying to eat the corn from the cob.
Last evening I had requested of my wonderful spouse of 47 years, if she would locate a couple of those devices that one screws in the end of a corn cob, which allows one to eat the corn without holding on to the actual cob. I could then take them with me to Brunch on Sunday and use them when I eat the corn from the cob. This morning there were two of these devices on the cabinet in the kitchen area! J 
Back to my original account, there was this large and easy to see imprint in the rug near my recliner. I did take a photo and that is when my present wife looked up from her reading. She demanded to know what I was doing. I restated my previously ignored question, “How this enormous indentation had gotten there”. She looked at it momentarily, then looked at me. Without a response she shook her head and went back to reviewing her newspaper. 
No respect! I get no respect!
In an attempt to be transparent in my presentations, (the words transparent and breaking news are used so much in the political speak and so called news that I now enjoy using them in an effort to make fun of those who do use them) I will provide a photo of said imprint.
  
            The question now is, was big foot in our house last night as we slept? One can tell that whoever left this imprint was enormous in size, and probably had an enormous imagination too. We will keep you advised of our progress in the unraveling of this mystery.

Observations and imagination will enlighten you,
or, at least give you something to do!

Don Ford

No comments: