Translate

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Zombie like... 10.21.15

            I was going to talk about time travel this week but sense every TV show is talking about the movie and sequels of “Back to the Future”, I have decided to post pone my comments. My time travel comments has nothing to do with the movies!  

                I am sure you are getting tired of hearing me talk about walking and meditating at the same time. Well here is another installment and you don’t have to read this if you don’t want to but you will be uninformed if you do not.
                This morning as I was walking there were a couple things I noticed. First, it was very humid and cloudy. I had begun my walking about 15 minutes earlier than usual and I assumed it would be very dark so I carried a flash light.  I noticed it was not as dark as in previous days when there were no clouds. 
                You guessed it, the clouds reflect the light back to the ground making it less dark. I could see what was in the yards and around the houses.
                During the second half of my walk, after I had stopped thinking about the possibility of purchasing a new vehicle, that are so overpriced that no one on a fixed income could afford,  I was thinking about interviewing applicants for a job.
Yes, I was in my. “Walking meditation mode”. I am not sure how long I had been out of body, but I was unaware of the fact that I was walking. I was also unaware of my surroundings until my neighbor, who was walking down his drive way to get the morning paper, clapped his hands which brought me back to reality.
I was surprised that he was there, I responded with, “Thanks for bringing me back to reality, good morning. He and I have talked about my meditation walking mode in the past.
I wish I could get that deep into thought (meditation) while I was setting in my rocking chair. Ok, I see that this subject means more to me, that it does you, so I will change the subject.
I can only assume that during meditation, I may walk like a zombie.
New subject:
Yesterday I went to the Waco ram truck dealership. The name is being withheld but it is the only Dodge dealer in Waco. I walked the lot looking at trucks for a while. No sales person came out to help me, you will learn why later.
I headed back to my vehicle but decided, I am here I might as well talk to a salesperson, so I walked into the main sales floor.  
There was a young lady sitting at the information desk, so I walked up to the desk. She asked if she could help me and I replied, do you have a salesman? She started to respond when the phone rang. She answered the phone then came back to me. I said, may I restate my question, is there a salesman that is not looking at his phone? 
The young lady looked behind her in an office area that had glass walls, where there was at least 5 men sitting or standing all of whom were looking at their smart phones. I can only assume they were playing some game.
She looked around at other offices and started to say something when I interrupted her. I would like to see your worst sales person please, someone without a smart phone.
She called out to a fellow name Jim and he came over to me. He had a smart phone in his hand but he put it in his pocket. His business card reads, “Diamond Jim”, sales. After seeing the prices of these vehicles I understand why his nick name is, “Diamond”.
No I did not buy anything, I am retired and on a fixed income, that should tell you I did not purchase anything.
New subject:
I shocked my granddaughter this morning as we drove to school. Somehow I got to talking about the olden days and I said when I was a kid we didn’t have computers. She asked, “Not even tablets”? I said not even tablets.
She then asked, what about toilets, did you have toilets? I said when I was very young we had an outhouse and I kind of explained how they worked. She looked at me with disbelief.
That is when I pulled all the stops out and I told her, “When I was a young kid her age, we didn’t have a TV. She could not believe that we didn’t have a TV. We had arrived at school and I did not get to tell her that we did have a radio and we would listen to radio programs.
Things have changed!

I hope your smart phone don’t embarrass you!
                Think about you and your smart phone, what impression do we leave with others?

Don Ford

No comments: