Translate

Friday, October 2, 2015

The Brain 10.02.15

 
                Yes, it is true that I will be writing about my brain, but some of what I state may include in varying degrees, what happens in other peoples brains.
                For some unknown reason, I awoke in the middle of the night, and there was this nursery rhyme that popped into my head. As I see it, there could be, “one of two reasons for this to be stuck in my memory”.
                When I say stuck I mean it was being replayed over and over in my head.
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t Fuzzy, was he!
                Whatever you do, do not repeat that rhyme out loud a couple times, it will be with you all day. The version on the internet has the rhyme ending in a question mark, but I believe it is a statement not a question, unless it is changed slightly as we see below.
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t Fuzzy, was he! Was he?
                Or if you would rather use this version:
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
So, Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t Fuzzy, was he?
                Whichever version you prefer, do not repeat it, as it will be in your head all day.
                Yes I said there were two possible reasons for the rhyme to have populated my brain. 
                First, and less likely, it may have been placed there by an, “other worldly power”.
                Second, and most likely is the fact that I use 63% of my brain (normal people only use 10%), I probably awoke as my brain was backing itself up. At the moment I awoke, the rhyme was being passed from my main memory to a backup portion of the brain, and that is when I receive the rhyme.
                I wonder why he was named Fuzzy Wuzzy. Did this bear have a bad case of the mange?
                Staff here at, “The Ford Homestead Foundation for the preservation and understanding of all things written” has completed research into this rhyme, and found that the rhyme was somewhat different in its first version, and was later changed so the kids would listen to it. Below is the first version. 
This bear was bare,
Which bear was bare,
That bear is bare,
Why does that bear appear bare,
Because that bear has no hair.
 
                I, like you, are continually amazed at the research that goes on here at, “The Ford Homestead”.
 
Changing the subject:
                As I was sitting here at the computer I heard a sound in the garage and decided to investigate. I found Charlie in the garage with a snake in his mouth. Yes it is another, “Rattle Head Copper Moccasin”. There are many of these vipers around the house and Charlie faithfully attempts to eradicate them.
 Charlie put the snake down for the photo opp.
 
Have fun trying to forget, “Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear”…
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: