Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Unbelievable Service! 10.07.15

                I have been having a problem with my older lap top and Sunday 10.04.15 I decided to order a hard drive for the unit. I went on Dell’s web site and found a hard drive that would fit the PC. I place the order and received an email from Dell saying they received my order and I would get another email when the order is processed.
                Customer # 144044376
                Dell ID #     2004494614746
                Note; the first email had a statement “if you do not receive a notice that the order had been processed within 2 working days to contact Dell support”.
                I now know why they put that statement on the email. 
 
                10.07.15 I called Dell and was on hold for 25 minutes then the fellow who answered the phone had a heavy accent. He could not help me and he transferred me to someone who he said, could help me.
After a short wait someone asked if they could help me. I gave her the dell ID number and she asked if I had told them the item was for my daughter who is in school. I replied no I did not. This lady asked what the problem was and I explained. She said she would transfer me to the order department.
                After another 23 minutes of being on hold the phone was answered by a female with the heavy accent. I again went over everything and was told that she would transfer me to support. I stopped her and explained that I had been on the phone for almost an hour. She said she was sorry and transferred me.
                I was back to an operator who again asked the same questions again and I explained again. I was passed to someone who again told me that my order, even though I had the dell ID and a customer number, did not exist.
                She would transfer me to someone who would help.  I took some time to explain how long I was on hold and that I had been transferred many times. She apologized and transferred me.
                I get the next fellow with the same accent but not as bad as the previous people were. I explained my situation and he said there is no such order, but he could take my order. What do I want? What is the service number from the computer? Do I want their credit, and many other questions?
                I could not use pay pal so I had to give him a credit card number.
The order is supposed to again be placed!
Dell needs to do a better job.
I was on the phone for almost 1.5 hours.
 
The unbelievable part of their service is, they call it service!
 
I hope your service is better!
 
Don Ford

No comments: