Translate

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Electric Sex 11.26.13

               If that title, “Electric Sex” didn’t catch your attention then you are either dead or old. Now that I am thinking about it, they may both be the same thing.
               Sex; I have been trying to remember what the definition of that word is.
               Now days, many TV shows do not leave a lot to the imagination when it comes to murder, sex or any other subjects.
               There is one movie that is shown on TV (usually this time of year) that I really like and it refers to Electric sex. This show is about Christmas in Indiana but I am from Missouri, why would I like a “foreign movie”. It is interesting to me because they have depicted many of my memories of Christmas through much of this movie.
               At the beginning of the movie the subject is a gun that the main character is day dreaming about owning. I have two of these guns in my position and one is the 50th anniversary edition. I have no idea what the value of a, “Red Rider BB Gun” is but I have two.
               In another part of the movie, a bully who is much larger than the main character attempts to harass him. As it happens in most good movies, the main character turns the table on the bully and literally beats the crap out of him. I am not supposed to say crap in front of the grand kids.
               Ok, you want me to get back on the subject of Electric Sex. Let’s see if I can remember how this is presented in the movie.
               The main character’s father wins a major award. The award is delivered to the house and it happens to be a;               if I tell you the entire story it may cause you to not enjoy the movie when it comes on in a week or so.
Let me give you the name of the movie that refers to electric sex and you can watch for it when it comes on TV. The name of the movie is, “Christmas Story”, I hope you will watch and enjoy as much as I do. 
               Below is a photo taken in The Ford Homestead and it deals with the Electric Sex, kinda like in the movie.
               As you should be able to see, there is a lamp on the table next to my chair. This lamp is based on the, “Major Award” in the movie, since it is shaped like a woman’s leg it can be considered as electric sex.
               I purchased this lamp yesterday and on the way home I decided to have a spicy chicken sandwich. I pulled into the local Wendy’s where there were about ten vehicles ahead of me in the drive through. As every knows, I am a very patient person, so waiting several minutes for food is no problem for me.
               When I arrived at the first window the young lady told me the price and referred to me as a young man. Obviously this person was very observant when she acknowledged my youthfulness.
The young lady at the window and I were talking as I waited for the drive through line to move forward, when she noticed the carton containing my new lamp which was beside me on the seat.
This observant young lady said to me, “you are the coolest person ever”. She was very familiar with the movie Christmas Story and noted that her grandpa had one of the BB guns.
We could have talked more but the line moved and I wanted to get my food and head for home.
 
I hope all your awards are Major.
 
We want to wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
 
Don Ford.
  
              

No comments: