Translate

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Yard Work 11.19.13

               Last week we had freezing weather for a couple days, yes we had to use the furnace. Then the weather changed and we had a record high temperature of 89 degrees last Friday, we had to turn the air conditioner on.

               All this good/bad weather got me interested in doing some yard work. Although the yard needs to be mowed I decided to trim a few limbs from the trees in the front yard. As usual my work as a, “Master Wood Butcher” was superb. I even cut a few low hanging limbs for the neighbor, even though she wasn’t home at the time. I assume she wanted these limbs cut but I didn’t ask prior to cutting them.

               The real hard work for me is the picking up of the limbs and loading them on the trailer. I had the help of our grounds keeper which made the work go much faster.

               We brought the trailer to the street in front of the house and began to load the limbs on the trailer. The grounds keeper and I would place a limb on the trailer then cut it to fit (in other words make it lay flat on the trailer so we could get more on).  There were 4 larger limbs and we save them for last loading, they help hold the other smaller limbs down.

               Once the trailer was properly loaded we began the process of picking up all the very small branches that fell off during cutting and handling. These little branches will cause a mower blade to dull so I try to pick them up prior to mowing.

               I want to say that our grounds keeper earned his pay yesterday, Thanks Alex.

 

Other news;

My computer is working much better today than it was yesterday. I am not saying it is perfect but much better. Almost everything is back to normal thanks to my son “Patrick”. He spent a couple hours trying to undo some of the things I had done. I am glad he is a patient person.

Patrick was able to log onto my computer and basically use it as if was in his home. That made it much easier because he was no longer attempting to instruct me. My PC now is accepting most updates. I am a happy camper now.

I now need to go mow the front yard.

 

I hope you are having an outstanding day.

 

Don Ford  

 

No comments: