Translate

Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Posting 11.15.13

               As I started this morning thinking about the world while drinking my second cup of coffee, something came to mind that I had seen earlier this week. As you may well know, I am very observant. That morning there was frost on the neighbor’s yards and roofs. I noticed the frost was not on everything. I observed that there was no frost under any tree (the trees still have leaves on them). If the tree was over part of a roof there was no frost on that portion of the roof and similarly there was no frost on the grass under the trees.

               I am wondering if you know why this happens. I assume that the tree somehow holds heat which does not allow the frost to form but how does that happen?

 

               If you have been paying attention to the politics coming from Washington and “your” president, you may have noticed that he has issued many Executive Orders. After observing this procedure of getting around Congress and doing whatever he wants I have decided to adopt the practice and issue an executive order from The Ford Homestead. 

               First I want to thank everyone who donated funds to help this senior citizen purchase some power tools; I really do appreciate your thoughtfulness (although larger donations would have been more helpful).

               As president of The Ford Homestead I have decided to decree an Executive Order and move the power tool donations to the Thanksgiving Dinner Fund. By moving these funds to the Thanksgiving dinner fund it will help assure that we will be able to have a nice turkey with all the trimmings.

It will really be nice to know my spouse of 44 years does not have to pick up aluminum cans from the side of the road in order to have enough money to purchase the turkey and trimmings. 

Thanks again for the donations to purchase power tools.

 

Recently I have begun a process of a “to do list” written on post it notes an attaching them to the computer monitor. This is in an effort to remember things I need or want to do. Notes do help and it has surprised me how much more I am able to get accomplished once I have written an item on the “to do list”. It may be difficult for you to believe that I need help remembering anything but occasionally I do. Without the notes I most often remember what I wanted to do about cocktail time, when it is too late to do anything. 

My spouse of 44 years and I were discussing the “to do list”, which is totally different from her list, when she suggested that I may have a tendency to forget to put items on the “to do list” and I may forget to review the “to do list”.

I have decided to make a second “to do list” and keep it next to my recliner. This list will be a reminder to write items on the first “to do list” and also to read the first “to do list” after my naps. 

 

May all the items on your “to do list” be fun!

Don Ford

 

No comments: