Translate

Saturday, November 16, 2013

A project to keep me busy 11.11.13 finished

               I am sure you will be happy to know that all the pieces went together properly and the unit works as if it were built be an expert.

Yes, you are correct, it was manufactured by an expert, “me”. I was somewhat surprised that it set level on all four legs and I did not need to make any adjustments.

You may have been wondering whether we have checkers; we have two sets of checkers. One set was bought (cheap plastic that the kids like) and the other is handmade checkers (not as pretty but I like them). The handmade checkers although somewhat ugly work as well as the store bought checkers.

Painting the bare wood was fairly easy, I used spray paint and it went on fairly well.

The photo below shows the unit folded and stored against a wall indicating how easy it is to store the unit.

The excellent design of the leg assembly was made by an American sent to China so they could mass-produce the TV tables eventually allowing me to copy the design for my folding checker board.  

The photo below shows the finished product with the handmade checkers on the board.

Would you like to play with me?

OK, get you mind out of the gutter; I meant “play checker with me”.

 

I hope all your games are fun and you win most of the time.

 

Don Ford

No comments: