Translate

Monday, November 4, 2013

Walking stick can be odd 110413

               I decided to make another walking stick to keep me busy while my spouse of 44 years was having a garage sale.

               It seems odd that we call it a garage sale as all the items were outside the garage.

               As I started pealing the layers off this stick, let’s call it Number XX (20), I noticed some interesting hieroglyphs (symbols) etched into the wood. Were they from some alien civilization or just paths the carpenter ants had taken? Whatever they were, I found them interesting.

As you can see there are even tunnels that were bored into the wood.

               There is another feature that became evident during the process of removing layers of bark from the stick and that was a protrusion that appeared to me as a turtle or snake head.

 

Below is a photo of the walking stick as it would be used in real life. Please do not look at the handsome person holding the stick.  If you are looking at the stick you should notice the knot that makes what I see as a turtle head.

 

If you are looking at the model instead of the stick (the model, a senior citizen, aka me) the model has a new haircut, did you notice?

I told the lady that cut my hair I wanted my hair as short as possible but still be able to comb it. I went on the say; kinda like a military cut, “high and tight”. 

I think she went more to the high and tight side which I like.

Yes I have a pocket watch, is that a problem?

Why do you have a problem with an older citizen, me, having a pocket watch?

Let me answer the question before you ask; I am still on a fixed income and the watch was given to me by a friend.

Do you know how many aluminum cans I would need to pick up from the side of the road to purchase a pocket watch with a motorcycle on it; a bunch. 

 

 

That is it for now; I hope you have a day that is second to none.

Don Ford

 

 

No comments: