Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nothing Planned

               This morning after dropping Gabi off at School I returned home with nothing planned for me to do. I sat there thinking about tomorrow visit to the eye doctor when I decided that I would consider cutting some limbs.
               It was cloudy and that makes it a good day for me to work in the yard. There are two reasons that I want cloudy days for yard work. First I am not supposed to have my arms in the direct sun light do to skin damage from the sun. I either have to put the sun block on or have a long sleeved shirt. Second I have cataracts and the bright sun light makes it hard for me to see.
               I surveyed the limbs and decided to thin out a few that were blocking too much sun. I use the hand pole saw which means I had to work. My gas powered pole saw will not reach as far as the hand operated.
               Alex was inside when I cut the first limb. As I started the second Alex decided to come out side. I would have appreciated him staying inside but that wasn’t happening. He went to the trailer and said he would stay there eating some M&Ms. I returned to the task at hand when I noticed Alex had left the safety of the trailer and was moving about in the yard. This limb was about to fall so I stopped and required him to go inside.
               Alex was crying and very unhappy with me. The limb finally broke loose but did not fall. I first tried to pull it down but that wasn’t happening. I moved around trying to get a better angle to make the final cut and the sun had come out. It is almost impossible for me to see the dark limbs with the bright sun light popping through the branches.
               I quit attempting to cut anything, leaving the limb hanging. Alex was back in the yard and he was willing to help me move the limbs to the back of the yard.
               After a quick shower I returned to the yard to review the hanging limb. I will attempt to get it down later today when the sun is almost down making it easier for me to see.
 
Here are some roses that are growing in our back yard. It has been said that they are doing good because there is a lot of BS around our house.
Speaking of smells, our neighbor has a garden and the smell coming from the garden would indicate that he has been putting fish guts and other parts of the fish in his garden for fertilizer. He fishes a lot this time of the year and his garden does smell.
 
Well, that is it for today, I hope you day is not smelly.
 
Don Ford

No comments: