Translate

Monday, May 27, 2013

Holidays!

            Well another holiday is here for our enjoyment. As you know, I am working hard every day, trying to earn enough to pay the bills. It is so nice when one of these holidays pops up for us “common folk” to get a day of rest.
          A day of rest and relaxation, now what do I do. Obviously I will not want to get up early and I will want to take several naps during the day. 
          Wait a minute, I relax every day and I take naps daily. Oh my, I may be on holiday every day.
          If I am on holiday every day, does that mean I should work when the rest of you are on holiday? What a thought, having to work when others are off. A holiday for one is a work day for others.
 
          I was able to get my limbs hauled off and the yard mowed this weekend. My wife of 44 years used the riding mower to mow the back yard while I was required to use the walked behind on the front yard. The ditch behind the house needs to be mowed but it isn’t flat, and since I am not supposed to be mowing due to doctors’ orders, I don’t want to overdo it.
 
I hope you have or had a nice holiday.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: