Translate

Friday, May 10, 2013

Rich Neighbors.

               It is very disheartening to live near rich retired people who can purchase nice things and still be able to eat.
One neighbor after retiring is continually remodeling everything inside his house. His wife baby sits kids during the day so they are not on a fixed income like me.
Neighbor two built a new garage last year; they had some new furniture delivered to their home recently. Also, they had a new refrigerator delivered this week. His wife continues to work so they are not on a fixed income.
Neighbor three has had new furniture delivered in the last couple weeks, and yesterday he brought his motorcycle home after having it converted to a Trike.  His wife also works so they are not on a fixed income.
              Being on a fixed income and not having a working wife, the Fords of Hewitt must be very careful when they spend what little money they have.  
               My wife of 44 years is driving a vehicle that is at least 13 years old but we are on a fixed income and you know people on a fixed income can’t spend what they don’t have.
               If you want to donate to “The Fords of Hewitt Humanitarian Fund(funds to be used so we can keep up with our rich neighbors) you can send checks or money orders (minimum suggested donation of $25.00). All donations will be appreciated and you will receive our quarterly newsletter.
 
Different subject;             we had a nice rain yesterday of about 7/10 of an inch. People south of us had some storms with hail and high winds. Glad we received the rain and no bad weather.
The ham weather spotters were activated. I turned my hand held radio on (ham radio 2 meter) and the battery gave up in less than a minute. I grabbed the other handheld and the battery was also dead. I guess I should charge the batteries occasionally.
 
               The cataract removal is scheduled for Monday morning. I have had several people offer to save me some money by preforming the surgery with their dull rusty knife. I appreciate the offers but I think I will stay with the doctor.  
 
That is it for today; I hope you have a nice Mother’s Day.
 
Don Ford
 
 

No comments: