Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Believe it or not I

               The day started as usual with coffee and a bowl of cereal. The cereal wasn’t anything that I like but when you live on a fixed income you eat what you have even if it is cheap.
               After the first cup of coffee and watching the so called news I shaved and brushed my teeth. Who would have thought shaving and brushing your teeth would ever be the high light of my day.
               Teeth clean and face shaved, I took another cup of coffee and went outside to my favorite chair on the drive way. The sun was coming up and shining in my eyes. I was relaxing and enjoying the morning thinking about the nap I will take later in the day.
               As usual, there were many birds traveling overhead. Did you ever wonder why they are all going in different directions? Why these birds are not more like people, heading toward town in the morning (all in the same direction) and away from town in the afternoon.
               As I pondered the daily migration of the birds I remembered seeing an unusual sight the other afternoon. There was a light tan colored hawk flying very slow with about ten smaller bird’s harassing him. I first thought he was an owl due to his light color but his head indicated he was a hawk.
               As I sipped from the cup I noticed that my coffee was good and hot. I moved the cup down to the arm of my chair and believe it or not, there was a splash in my cup from overhead.  A friendly bird had deposited a lump of black and white sugar in my cup. The seven second rule applied so I was able to remove the black and white lump from my cup and finish the coffee. When you are on a fixed income you don’t throw anything away.
In the past I had wondered how often people were hit by droppings from overhead. Believe it or not; an online search indicated that 1 out of 729 people are hit daily with bird droppings.  That seems like a high number to me but…
 
I hope nothing falls on you today. 
 
Don Ford
 
 
I did say believe it or not.
 

No comments: