Translate

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Second day of Kindergarten...

            I was elected to take the young heiress of The Ford Homestead Foundation to her second day of school.

               The traffic wasn’t too bad getting to the grade school, we parked and I explained that I would walk with her to her class.  She quickly said no.  It was obvious that she did not want her grandpa to be seen walking her into the school. I did walk with her to the front door and she walked in by herself. I stayed and watch as she walked down the long hall and turned the corner to the Gym. I asked one of the ladies who work there if she had gone to the right place.
               I left the school a rejected grandpa. I needed to go out to the DIB center so I headed for Panther Way. At the intersection of Panther Way and Hewitt Drive I sat while the traffic light changed 3 times before I was close enough to get through on a green light. I then drove by the Old High School now a junior high and the traffic was even worse. Rush hour in Dallas isn’t as bad as the school traffic in Hewitt.
               I made it to DIB and completed my business. I was talking with Vicki about the special loads they were going to be taking to Louisiana and Mississippi. The hurricane is bad for people but good for business.  I asked for Vicki’s advice; should I get burritos on the way home or not. She reassured me that getting the burritos would be the right thing to do. I did.
               Donna cleans the house on Thursday so Alex and I needed to find a reason to be outside. Alex suggested we could wash the motorcycle. I agreed and we got the hose, bucket, soap and cleaning rags. Alex did the lower work and I took the high work.  Alex is really a big help but when I started drying the bike he was continuing to put soapy water on the bike.  We discussed what need to be done so Alex decided to wash Donna’s vehicle.
               The bike is clean and ready to ride.  I need to get a shower so I can go to pick up a prescription and a star bucks coffee. Star Bucks is kind of like road kill as I have to drive there to get it.
 
From the clean mind of   Don Ford
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
      
                                                                                                                  
                  
 

No comments: