Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dozer as in Bulldozer

            One of my grandson’s nick names is Dozer…


               Alex has several nick names, all attached to him by family and friends. One of his nick names is, “The Bear Hunter”. This was attached to him by a friend.
               His mom and dad gave him the name of, “Dozer” when he was very little. It seems as if he did not let much get in his way.  If he wanted something he would just push things out of the way like a bulldozer. It was amazing how strong and determined he was and is when he is trying to get to something he wants.
               Being a Ford, they might have given him the nick name of, “bulldozer” as he seems to have some of the bull headedness or possibly hard headedness of the Ford Clan.
I know it is hard to believe that anyone with Irish blood or anyone related to me would be hard headed but…                          
It is possible he gets that trait from his mother’s side of the family, they are from Missouri…
This morning as Alex, Gabi and I were outside enjoying our coffee I observed another “Dozer” in the group.  No it wasn’t Gabi.  Tejas is more than a little jealous and as I was talking to Alex Tejas pushed his way in between Alex and me almost knocking Alex down. That is what started me thinking about the nick name dozer.
Tejas is jealous but he is not mean to the kids in any way. Later this morning while I was sitting here at my desk Tejas decided to eat from his bowl which is a few feet behind me. Alex sat down on the floor about a foot away from the bowl to observe. Tejas continues eating while Alex watched. Tejas, trying to conserve energy, lay down and continued to eat. Alex, bored with the eating process, got up and climbed across Tejas without Tejas seeming to know he was there.

From the bulldozer mind of                          Don Ford

All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.


No comments: