Translate

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Winter is back 03.14.17

                All the nice warm weather has passed and we are now back to normal winter time weather. It is terribly cold at night and unpleasantly cold during the day, high 30s at night mid 60s in the day. 
                Even though the weather is foreboding, I will attempt to go outside later today and attempt to manicure The Ford Homestead’s lawns. The numerous acres will take most of the afternoon and may go into the early evening hours. Don’t ask where the grounds manager is, he is on vacation in the northern states, enjoying the snow fall.
                I have purchased a new so called smart phone, this one is not a windows phone but I will keep the windows phone as a backup. I had been considering a new phone for a while and this past Sunday I found it on sale for $20 less. I bought it. I thought I could just take the sims card from the old phone and put it in the new phone like I did last time. The sims card on this new phone is smaller (micro) so I had to call my provider and they are sending me a new card. I can’t get it to connect to the home Wi-Fi, maybe it will, after I get the new sims card.
                I will now need to learn something new. You know the old saying “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks”, I am glad I am not a dog!
                My old phone will not project to my screen in the Fords Chevy and the old phone will not work with my drone. I hope this change will not be too difficult for a senior citizen!
                I will try to provide info on the lawn work if I can still type after all that work.
                Maybe the photo below will warm your day, it was taken two days before winter returned.
 
May your spring, stay sprung!

Don Ford

No comments: