Translate

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

What? 03.22.17

                There's a commercial on TV about razors. They have firefighters telling about incidents that happened to them (aka close calls). I believe one fell off a second-story fire escape and one of them had a roof fall in on him. These so called, “close calls”, were not as close as the shave one can get from this razor.
            My comment to those firefighters is, “use better judgement and don’t put yourself in an unsafe situation”!
            As an ex-volunteer fire fighter, we all knew that our safety (and by our safety I mean, each member of our team) must be at the top of our priority. If we were injured we would not be able to help others. We had to keep our safety as top priority so we could help others.
            The chiefs must evaluate situations and make decisions that will keep the fire fighter safe, and a well-trained fire fighter will also evaluate the situation with safety in mind.
                All first responder’s Police, Fire, EMS and others, must keep their safety at the forefront of their thoughts.
                Comparing a close shave of a razor to close calls of first responders did catch my attention, and can we say upset the Ford in me!
                I think I was venting. Maybe too much TV for me!

Your safety first please!

Don Ford

No comments: