Translate

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

What a start 03.15.17

                You know it is always worse when it happens at the start rather than the end. If it happened at the end it would be on your mind for a short period of time.
                It happened like this.
                I cheerfully popped out of bed, a couple minutes earlier than normal. I strolled into the Jon where Charlie was waiting for me. Charlie likes to drink water from my first wife’s sink. As I reached for the faucet my arm came in contact with a glass plate, or something made of glass hanging on the wall. It fell and broke in at least 1000 pieces. I carefully cleaned up the broken glass, all the time needing my first cup of coffee. That is how it all started.
                A couple cups of coffee and an equal number of hours later, I jumped into the Ford’s Chevy to run a couple errands. I wanted to go to the post office, the McDonalds for a coffee and also the cleaners to drop off some clothes. I decided to head for the coffee first, then the cleaners and finally the post office which would make the best use of time. As I left the Ford Homestead I noticed that the radio was not playing. I tried everything but it would not work. I could not get any sound and could not change channels. My phone would not work through the blue tooth. Not good, I will probably need to go to the Chevy House for repair.
                Try as I may, I could not get the radio to work. I picked up my coffee and decided to go to the Chevy house for some repairs. That meant I would change my route and head to the post office first, then hit the cleaners on my way to the repair shop.
                After visiting the post office I got back into the pickup. I started the motor and surprise the radio and blue tooth now works. That was good, but since I am not going to the repair shop I would not pass by the cleaners. Now I had to drive back to the cleaners, out of route. Waste of time and gas. 
                While at the cleaners, I decided to venture into Waco and possibly purchase an item. I pulled in to a parking lot across from the cleaners to see if I had my gift card. There it was, I removed it from my billfold and dropped it. It went somewhere between the seat and consul. I could not see it so I had to get out of the vehicle, open the back door and I found it part way under the seat. I thought, “This day is not going well!”
                I got back in the vehicle and was trying to get situated when, I knocked my sun glasses off onto the floor on the passenger side. I thought, “What else?”         Then I started laughing!    
                Sometimes things go wrong, big deal!

If that’s the worst thing that happens, it isn’t too bad!

Don Ford

No comments: