Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

People on a fixed income 08.31.16

            As the title indicates, this informative article is about some of us seniors, who are forced to live on a fixed income. Fixed incomes aren’t bad if you like various road killed dishes, and you don’t mind, not having enough money to purchase the bare essentials.
            In today’s tutorial, I will enlighten the reading public as to how I have been able to manufacture items from scraps, and use them in my moneyless life. (Later in the article I will enlighten you as to how you may donate to the,MFHFF, Moneyless Ford Homestead Food Fund”.)
                There will be four, well composed photos in today’s presentation, showing the progression of a project from scrap, to finished item.
            I found a couple pieces of scrap wood, and being an inventive person I could see that these two hunks of wood could be turned into something useful. As you can see in the photo below, there are two wood wedges and a couple wood dowels. I rescued the wood wedges from a water logged scrap pile which cause them to be a little dark.
 
Photo two shows the genius of my simple design. Imagine what I could do with good wood!
 
In the next photo we see how this masterpiece of, “woodology” will be used in the coming days. For the untrained person, that is my key board on the wood wedges.
 
          (click on photo for a larger image)
If I would have not been on a fixed income, I could have afforded some paint or wood stain to make the project more presentable. Presentable or not, the unit is now in use under the key board in my meager office space (see photo below).
 
Scraps that would have been tossed out by those wealthy people, help those of us on a fixed income to have a nicer and more productive life. The wood wedge stand was in use during this outstanding publication, it is just at the right angle for a senior to be able to see the key board.

May all your scraps become useful!

Don Ford

No comments: