Translate

Friday, December 5, 2014

December 2014 12.05.14

 
                Spring has sprung,
Fall has fell,
December is here and we are poor as…
You can finish the last line as you see fit.  I was kinda thinking, we are as poor as church mice, but then I remember that most churches have coffee and cake or cookies after or during some of their meeting and events, we don’t. That being a true statement, “Church Mice” may not be as bad off as we are.
“The Ford Homestead” is trying to be the bright light in the neighborhood, by displaying Christmas lights. The expense is putting a major strain on our budget, you know we are on a fixed income, and we can use your help.
It is now time to dig deeply into your pockets and donate to, “The Ford Homestead Lighting Fund”. We believe it is important to provide this small, but bright seasonal lighting, in an effort to brighten up an otherwise dark and dull retirement community. (It is almost a retirement community with 2/3 of the houses, in a little more than one block having at least one retired person.)
You can find the address for your donations on our web site and while you are there you can check out the list of items that are acceptable as Christmas Gifts for me.
I should note that the star you see over the house is not a real star in the sky, but one I have placed on my flag pole. I did not want any misunderstanding.
Over 500 lights were removed from, then replaced, on the angel, prior to display.
 
Please donate generously, it will make me you feel good!
Don Ford
 

No comments: