Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

It is easy to form a Habit 12.18.14

 

                I have written about people and their habits, especially older people. I have observed that habitual actions are not restricted to the human species alone.

                I remember our Dog Tejas would go to where we kept his afternoon treat at about 5:00pm each day, and stand there staring at the container. It had become a habit for me to give him his treat at that time and it was a habit for him to expect the treat at that time.

                Most recently I have been aware of Molly (our cat) jumping on the bed each morning a couple minutes before I normally get up. She will get on top of me and wait for me to pet her. I am a light sleeper and wake up easily.

I begin to pet her and she gets off me and gets on Donna. Donna sleeps more soundly than me, or at least she does not acknowledge Molly. Molly then returns to me for some petting. After a few minutes she will abruptly leave. That is when I look at the clock and it is time for me to get up.

I guess you could not ask for a better alarm clock.

                The other cat, the one that adopted us, his name is Charley, aka “Sorry Charley”. His habit is eating anything and any time along with taking naps. In the photo below he is on the arm of Donna’s chair, but he has formed a habit of sleeping in, my chair.                Bad Kitty!

 

May all your habits be enjoyable!

Don Ford  

 

 

No comments: