Translate

Monday, December 22, 2014

30 plus years and now... 12.22.14

 
                Yes you read the opening statement correctly, 30 plus years and now I have changed. You may be thinking that it took me a long time to change, but it wasn’t even a half a century, although it did last almost half of my life.
                Now that I have re-read the article, it is possible that I should have named it, “nude before lunch”.
                The change went well, with only one small hang-up. Although this is just the third day of the change, everything seems to be as advertised. I fine it rather satisfying when something goes as it was supposed to.
                Saturday, just a few minutes after making the change (30 plus years without change), my present spouse and I went to Jason’s Deli for lunch. We arrived about 12:00 noon and were happy that the establishment was probably two thirds empty. There was a line of about 20 people ahead of us and Jason’s order takers are rather unhurried.
                Actually, being leisurely in the process of taking orders proved to be an interesting thing. As you may know, they have a takeout line which is separate from their dine-in line. As we stood there discussing our food options, I noticed a female subject get out of a sports car and walk toward the door leading to the takeout cash register. Being observant I told my spouse of 45 years to, “Look at that”!
                This female subject had tights on, and they were not as thick as Yoga stretch pants. The female subject was attempting to pull her knit blouse down to help cover some of her private parts. It wasn’t working. As she stood at the cash register, with her back to us, we were all looking and some of us were commenting.
We were able to see through the tights and observe most of her posterior. We were unable to determine if she had underwear on, she could have had a thong but if she did it was embedded deeply between her cheeks.
My spouse noted that her posterior wrinkled when she moved. If you are having difficulty imagining what this female subject looked like, imagine her with a jacket, a blouse that was longer than her jacket covering less than half her posterior and nude from the waist down. 
                Even I felt, that it was not appropriate to dress like that in public. As she walked away we were able to see her face and she was not even close to being a young female subject. I bet Santa has this female subject on the naughty list.
                Lunch was enjoyable, the Ruben sandwich is always too large to handle, our put into your mouth. The ice cream for dessert was nice.
                I seemed to have strayed from the subject at hand. Let’s see, change after an initial 30 years of a test run.
                Many years ago, I purchased what was to be my first cell phone. That unit was called a, “bag phone”, and I conned the spouse into the purchase by saying, it would be good to have for emergencies when we were driving. There were few cell towers, the bag phone was a 5 watt unit and I had an antenna on the outside of my truck. Cell phones today have maybe one tenth of a watt of power, but there are cell towers everywhere.
                The change is, I have left AT&T after 30 years and went to Consumer Cellular. No contracts, less than half the cost of ATT, kept the same number and I did not need to purchase phones, am using the same phones. The $40.00 credit didn’t hurt for opening the account with two lines.
                What was the small hang-up in the changeover? I should have known, you always have a question! When Donna calls the house with her phone it announces her as Don Ford.
                Today is Monday and Christmas is almost here. I hope we are ready.
 
I hope you are not on the naughty list!
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: