Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

Out of this world 10.05.2014

                When I say, “out of this world”, I mean out of Texas, and back in the other world.  I went to Missouri last week driving 697 miles on Monday arriving at my destination a little before 6:00pm, almost 12 hours of travel time. I returned this Friday same driving time and distance. 
                I must say it was a good trip, safe and uneventful driving and lots of fun with family and old friends. For those real Texans and us naturalized Texans, we believe the humidity is bad here. I am here to tell you that, “Swamp East Missouri” is much more humid.
                I went out to my younger sister’s farm and saw her horses. A couple old friends dropped by while we were there. One of the friends I had not seen for at least 35 years. We talked for a while and got somewhat caught up on what has been happening.
                The weather was cool in the mornings getting up to about 80 during the day and 100% humidity. There was some rain on Thursday evening about the same time that Waco and other areas in Texas were being hit with damaging high winds and lightening.
                I stayed at my older sister’s home and we enjoyed talking about old times. We did get BBQ sandwiches from the place on Williams street a couple times during the visit, and I brought some home to my present wife.
                There was a gathering at my sister’s house, of some of the family members on Thursday evening. We had plenty of food and there were many stories told, some of which were true. I was asked how I could afford to drive to Missouri, being on a fixed income. I would have liked to have flown but that was way too expensive. It took my present wife several weeks of walking up and down the local highways and byways, picking up aluminum cans 12 hours a day to get enough money for this trip. I would like to thank her for the effort but she don’t read my articles so it would not do any good to say, “Thanks”. 
                After almost 12 hours of driving on Friday, one would think that I would not want to get into the old truck for a while, but Saturday morning I got up and drove down to Belton TX to a Ham Com (a gathering for ham radio operators). There was a lot of old radios and other old stuff for sell. It is always surprising to me, how many people are hams, which is evident by the large number of people gathering at the event.
                I was looking for a new 2 meter antenna. I found a new duel band antenna for less money that I would have paid if I ordered it, and there was no sales tax.
                Saturday afternoon Gabi had a soccer game at 3:00pm. We were lucky that there was a shade tree near one of the goals so we positioned our chairs in the shade. I don’t remember the exact score, but Gabi’s team scored several times and the other team did not. They put Gabi in as the goalie for a while and she seemed to like that.
                Changing the subject:
                In a recent study performed at “The Ford Homestead Institute for Conservative Studies”, we found that there are various ways to determine whether a person leans to the right or left politically. We have found that one can look at the address painted on the curb in front of their home and determine their political orientation.       
                The following applies to those people who live in a house that they own (does not apply to renters).
                As an example, when looking at our house number painted on the curb you will see it is to the right of the side walk, indicating that I am Not Always Right But Never Left (NARBNL)
As seen in the photo below.
                It is obvious, that an address in the middle of a side walk or driveway indicates the owner is politically center of the road.
                Just as obvious, the house number on the left of the side walk or drive, indicates a liberal thinking person.
                Less obvious is the person that has their house number on both sides of their drive way, or both at the side walk and driveway. This person can swing both ways, politically. This person may be, or have been, employed by the government and less able to show their true colors. 
                The final political indicator is the person who does not have their house number on the curb or drive way. These folks do not have a political affiliation and either do not vote or will vote for the party who is willing to pay them.
                For complete documentation on this study send $25.00 to “The Ford Homestead of Hewitt” and ask for “Political Inclinations Study 13.001.274 E”. Allow 6 years for delivery.
                If you have questions about the study just re-read the information above or send for the complete documentation.
 
 
We hope your day is, for the most part, politically correct.
 
Don Ford               
 

No comments: