Translate

Monday, October 20, 2014

Moon and Stars 10.20.14

                As you may be aware, my brilliant mind continually considers various subjects. As I was standing on my drive way this morning and observing the heavens, I noticed that the stars and moon seemed to be unusually brilliant. Yes it was just before sunrise and there may be some truth in the statement, “it is always darkest just before sunrise”.
I find that it is often difficult to see the stars and the patterns they make, due to the amount of light coming from houses, street lights and businesses. This morning the sky was clear the weather was cool and the stars were bright. I observed a Triangular shaped pattern of stars around the moon. The pattern consisted of 4 stars, see the pattern below.
 
                                                                            *
                                                                            *
 
 
                                                                        mOon
 
 
                                                        *                                           *
 
The pattern caught my attention because the stars were bright and easy to see.
I should explain, the two stars were pointing somewhat to the north and west. Everyone know that many liberals live to the north and on the left coast, which is to the west.
This sign in the heavens caused me to consider the proposition, “it is good to have Liberals, Democrats and Republicans as friends”. I find it enjoyable to have a heated conversation with those whose views are at times 180 degrees from my own.
Think about it, if you are talking with a friend who agrees with everything you say, how much fun is that. Agreement in conversations is ok occasionally, especially if the conversation is with you present spouse. But it is more fun to see your friend become defensive, red faced and even somewhat adversarial when conversing. 
The key here, is to know when the other person has reached their limit, and that is when you change the subject.
I would like to say Thank You to those friends who will participate in the occasional heated exchange of ideas with me.
 
Factoid: I am not sure the factoid below fits into this article. I have placed it here to help stir conversation.
 I have been told, that anyone living north of Dallas was a Yankee. The same person who told me that, now lives in Missouri, which is north of Dallas. When this person moves back to Texas and south of Dallas, will he need to go through the naturalization process to become a Texan?
 
On a different subject:
There is a Mocking bird that has faithfully sounded off every morning at 6:50am. When I first noticed this I was pondering why he, she or it, would sound off at the same time every morning. It is still dark at 10 minutes to 7:00 and this bird sounds off for about ten seconds then stops. Is this bird the official wakeup call for the other birds?
Whatever the reason for its morning sound off, this past Friday he, she or it, was five minutes early. Why would it change its good morning call time? Does it know that daylight savings time is coming? Is it getting ready for the change?
I am still pondering the reason.
 
May all your conversations be enjoyable!
 
Don Ford

No comments: