Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall, what is that 10.13.14

 
                Spring has sprung, fall has fell, winter is here and it is colder than, well it really isn’t winter yet but it is nicely cool today.
                We have had some rain lately. There was ½ inch of rain about a week ago, then Saturday we received 2 inches of rain. Today is Monday and we have received another inch and a quarter (1 ¼) last night and this morning early. The high temp today is supposed to be in the low 60s.
                I have what I refer to as wire weeds in the back yard and they are much easier to pull out when the ground is wet. I have been praying for rain because my delicate hands were getting sore from trying to pull the weeds out of the dry earth.
                Now, with all this nice rain, it is too wet to sit on the ground and pull weeds, although my present wife said I should go ahead and pull them today. Being wet might not hurt me but the cool weather might be too much for a retired person.
Yes I know the grass needs to be mowed but I wanted to pull as many weeds as possible before mowing.  If you know of a way to get rid of these weeds without pulling them, please let me know.
                A different subject:
                I put a shelf up in my so called office space. This shelf installation was to allow me to move a radio and power supply off my desk. I have also placed my hand held radios (walkie talkies) on the shelf. I noticed it was a little dark under the shelf and I found a battery powered light in my junk drawer that is now installed under the shelf (photo to follow).
 I do have a duster hanging on the wall, Alex uses it more than I do. I just notice there is a little advertisement for Dell on the stack of Medicare information I need to go through.
                A different subject:
                I have been considering changing my phone service to Consumer Cellular. I can get basically the same service for about half the price. I don’t even need to get new phones.
I only know one person that has the service and he said he liked it. If you have this service or know someone who does, I would appreciate knowing your experience with the service.
 
Thanks, and have a dry cool day.
 
Don Ford
 
               
 

No comments: