Translate

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I don't ask for much 10.07.14

 
                As everyone knows, I don’t ask for a lot in life. I am one of those low maintenance people, always doing things for others, never expecting anything in return.
                Monday of this week, I ask my first wife to remind me to do two things. I was going to take Gabi to school as usual and upon return I wanted my spouse of 45 years to remind me.
                I don’t think it is too much to ask for one little reminder, do you? It wasn’t as if I was going to solve all the world’s problems, I just wanted one reminder.
                Speaking of problems, “We The People, need to get rid of a bunch of politicians, and find real leaders”. Get active in the political process and help get rid of the do nothing old head politicians.
                I digress, I returned home from taking Gabi to school and went in to the office and started reading emails.
99% of the email I get is advertisements and spam, I should consider getting rid of my internet service. If I get rid of the internet at the house I could still write my blog and check my email by going to “The McDonalds” once a week. That way I could have a fast food breakfast, use their Wi-Fi and talk with other senior retired people (three fun things with one visit).
Sorry, I digressed again: now you see why I need reminders, and the logical person to remind me, is my present wife. Anyway, back to the story, I dropped Gabi off at school before 8:00 and it was 10:30 when I remembered what I wanted to be reminded of.
I went directly to my spouse and confronted her, as to why she had not reminded me. Her pitiful response was, “I thought you had remembered”. Possibly, had I given her more time, she may have come up with a better fib response.
If I had wanted her to remind me to take her out for breakfast, she would have remember that.
I don’t ask for much, just one little reminder; “remind me to go to the throne room and then to go for my morning walk in that order, when I return from taking Gabi to school”. Is that too much to ask?
 
Different subject:
In the olden days if you saw someone talking to them self, we would say they are crazy. I assume that is politically incorrect these days.
I have a short tale about a person who was in the public rest room, at a rest area in Arkansas, this past Friday. It is beyond my understanding as to why they call them rest rooms, I have never seen anyone rest in one of them.
This big fellow was standing in a stall and talking very loud. There was a fellow standing outside the stalls with cleaning supplies, whom I assume, was going to clean the toilets. This big mouth man was talking loud enough that anyone could hear him. I, being in another stall, glanced over at him to be sure he wasn’t talking to me, he wasn’t. I finished my business, and it is a good thing that these public toilets flush themselves, because I would not touch the flush valve.
The big talkative fellow made some derogative comment about, “your president”, which I did not disagree with. I exited the building and was standing outside attempting to stretch various parts of my body, before continuing my journey home.
The big fellow came out of the building still talking loud, and there was no one around. He had a pair of old looking denim coveralls on, and he had a blue tooth device that covered his entire ear with a boom that positioned the microphone at his mouth. This fellow appeared to be talking to someone on the phone as he headed for the big rig. Was this over the road truck driver really talking to someone on the phone, or was he really crazy and just talking to hear the sound of his own voice? 
He may have been crazy or possibly he was so use to the noise of the truck that he talked loud. Either way, it was an interesting visit to, “rest area 51”. 
 
Did you get the reference to “area 51”?             
 
I hope all your rest rooms are clean.
 
Don Ford

No comments: