Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Rose by any other name... 04.27.14

A Rose by any other name… 04.27.14
 
                I received my instructions for the afternoon and they were, “get outside and water”. Not wanting to receive another beating, a severe tong lashing or even worse, no supper, I proceeded outside to water the flowers.
My present spouse will purchase flowers and then I am required to water them. It seems like a fair deal, isn’t it?
Anyway, first I went to the garden and installed the tomato rings that we had purchased this morning after we had eaten a nice Brunch. Installing tomato rings is a skill that not many can acquire, I have the skill.
I then watered the garden. About two minutes after I started to water the garden I remember that as a kid I was told never water plants that are in the direct sun. My garden is in the direct sun and the clouds parted as soon as I began to water. 
I then water the plants in both the front and back yard.
I took a couple photos of some of “The Ford Homestead Roses”, hope you enjoy them.
 This yellow rose is in my antenna tower.
They are wet because I watered, no rain.
Pretty and Pink.
 A group of red and pink.
Each photo is from a different flower bed.
 
I hope you have a “Rose” of a day!
 
Don Ford

No comments: