Translate

Friday, February 28, 2014

Doctor's visit 02.28.14

            The doctor said, “Doing excellent for age”. 
            If you are thinking that the doctor’s bed side manner isn’t that good it might help to know he was talking about Tejas, my constant companion and confidant. Tejas had his annual visit to the vet yesterday and other than growling at the doctor when he gave him a shot (I sometimes do the same thing when I get a shot) everything when well.
            The vet said he was surprised how well he gets around. He noted that German Shepherds his age (10 years old) often have arthritis and find it difficult to walk. He noted Tejas’ eyes were clear and his teeth look as clean as a puppy’s teeth.
            When I go to the doctor for a checkup I pay $15.00, it cost more when Tejas goes.
 
We have had cold weather the last couple days. Today, tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be upper 70s to 80, “nice”. Then we are predicted to have a 40 degree swing in temperature with light freezes at night.
It is possible these temperature swings have an influence on some of the mood swings I have noticed lately. Notice I did not say, “my”, mood swings, obviously I am grumpy in good spirits regardless what the weather is.
I have some weed and feed to put on the front yard. Before you ask, I did check to see if it was for ST. Augustine grass.
As you may know, one year I fertilized with a weed and feed that was not for southern grasses. As usual, I did not read and thusly did not follow the instructions; luckily it did not kill my southern grass.
I plan to read the instructions and follow them this year; it will probably kill the grass and fertilize the weeds.
 
I hope your weather will be nice, and your weekend is better.
 
Don Ford         Master lawnologist  
 

No comments: